Where do I belong? Am I worthy of love? Life can be challenging and overwhelming. You may feel as if you don’t fit in. Or, maybe you are confused about your purpose. It’s easy to go through the motions of life and just live through another week. I want to remind you today that you are lavishly loved by God! He has a purpose for your life!
Spring is here, and Easter is approaching. Families will gather together to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ, but His celebration will be mixed in with easter egg hunts, decorations, and presents.
I want to remind you today of why we celebrate Easter. You probably know the story, but do you know how valued you are? Jesus loves you lavishly!
You are loved
Over 2,000 years ago, Jesus gave His life for you.
When Adam and Eve disobeyed God in Genesis 3, mankind was separated from God. But our God loves us so much that He made a plan to rescue us! In order for us to be saved, we needed a perfect sacrifice. And the only one who could make that sacrifice for us was God’s Son, Jesus. As painful as it was for the Lord to give His only Son, He did that for you. If you are a parent, think about how much you love your child. You would do anything for them. Would you sacrifice them for someone who had done wrong? Of course not! But that’s what God did for you. He gave His one and only Son so that you would have the opportunity to spend eternity in heaven with Him.
God loves you! He would do anything for you. This Easter holiday, remember how loved you are! We often celebrate the miracle of the resurrection of Jesus, but we lose sight of the why.
Jesus came to Earth and lived a perfect life, fully human and fully God simultaneously. He then was persecuted and died on a cross. We remember His death each year on Good Friday. Three days later, Jesus rose from the dead. It was a miracle! He defeated death!
Remind yourself how loved you are. If you need some encouragement, meditate on these Scriptures about God’s love for you:
- “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16, NIV).
- “This is how God showed his love among us: he sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another” (1 John 4:7-11, NIV).
- “No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 8:37-39, NIV).
- “‘Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,’ says the Lord, who has compassion on you” (Isaiah 54:10, NIV).
- “But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved” (Ephesians 2:4-5, NIV).
- “But you, Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness” (Psalm 86:15, NIV).
- “The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing” (Zephaniah 3:17, NIV).
Live with purpose
God designed you for a specific purpose. He uniquely created you to fulfill a role in His Kingdom. Don’t lose sight of God’s call on your life!
Maybe you aren’t sure what your purpose is. Or perhaps you have an idea, but you have no clue how to get there or where to start. That’s okay! The good news is that God is always available to you. As a believer, the Holy Spirit is here to lead you. You don’t have to do life alone. The Lord will show you your purpose.
Spend some time in God’s Word, prayer, and worship. When you seek Him, He will speak to you. He always answers! It may not be immediate, but He won’t leave you alone. Trust Him!
Check out what God says about your purpose in His Word:
- “Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails” (Proverbs 19:21, NIV).
- “Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus” (Philippians 1:6, NIV).
- “The purposes of a person’s heart are deep waters, but one who has insight draws them out” (Proverbs 20:5, NIV).
- “Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose” (Philippians 2:12-13, NIV).
- “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose” (Romans 8:28, NIV).
When Jesus defeated death, the battle was over. The victory is ours! As a believer, the promises of God are available to you. Satan has no more authority over your life! You can have hope in His promises.
As a citizen of God’s Kingdom, every promise of God is available to you. You don’t need to live defeated! You are God’s child, and the inheritance is yours. God loves you and has a plan for your life. You have a purpose and play an integral role in the Kingdom. Don’t fall for Satan’s lies. He will tell you that you are unworthy, unnecessary, and that no one cares about you. This couldn’t be further from the truth! You have a God who loves you so much He sent His Son for you. Your God has designed you to fulfill a specific and unique purpose in life. As a part of the body of Christ, you play an important role. You are so necessary!
Don’t give up hope. Keep fighting and taking territory for the Kingdom of God. You can do it! I believe in you, and so does your Heavenly Father. He loves you more than you can imagine.
To learn more about your purpose, read my blog How to Live a Purposeful Life HERE.
To discover more about taking territory for the Kingdom of God and walking out your purpose, register for the 2021 Provision Conference Online Experience on April 23rd and 24th HERE.